This year, summer is the new spring for real estate – so summer home maintenance is vital if you are prepping to sell this season! Typically, Spring is the best time to sell your house, but this year has been anything but typical. The health crisis slowed the market this spring, and now buyers are jumping back in and making their moves this summer.
According to Dr. Jessica Lautz, Vice President of Demographics and Behavioral Insights at NAR, “People are [still] relying on virtual showings, virtual tours, virtual listings, and even virtual open houses. So having something that looks beautiful with photos and videos is even more important right now.” That makes this year’s summer home maintenance vital to homeowners that want to take advantage of record high equity gains and a sizzling hot real estate market.
Check these 10 things off your list so your house is ready to sell this season:
- Gutters: Remove debris and fix any leaks
- Siding: Power wash your siding and refresh the paint.
- Windows, doors, and screens: Wash all window and glass doors, and replace or repair any damaged screens.
- HVAC: If you have central air, replace the air filters, check the wiring, and schedule your annual service with a certified technician.
- Roof: Replace any missing, loose, or damaged shingles. Clean or clear off any moss spots.
- Deck or porch: Stabilize the railing and re-stain surfaces.
- Sprinkler system: Replace any broken or damaged valves.
- Landscape: Trim overgrown plants and add flowers for a touch of color.
- Foundation: Fix floors and walls with any cracking or deterioration.
- Bathrooms: Replace caulking in shows, tubs, and sinks.
Want a printable version? Check it out! 👇
If you’re ready to take advantage of high equity and a hot real estate market, your first step is to complete your summer home maintenance checklist to make sure your house looks the best it possibly can in person and virtually. Photos, videos, and showing (virtual or in-person) of a properly maintained home can mean the difference between getting offers and sitting on the market.
Our team of real estate professionals has a proven process to getting your house sold fast and for top dollar. If you’re ready to make a move this summer, you can trust our team to get you there! Get in touch with our team or visit our website today to get a free home valuation report and get on the road to selling your house before the leaves turn!